Tuesday, April 28, 2009

From where I am

I am from hangers,
From socks and shoes.
I am from the sand in our
Sandbox in the back yard.
I am from the stone fishing boy in the front lawn.
The pine tree,
Who's little pine cones remind
Me of my childhood.

I am from boxing gloves and war stories,
From Delmer and Virgil.
I'm from Saturday morning cartoons.
From Bug's Bunny my little pet goldfish,
Growing up as a child.
I am from Aunt Izzy's
Sweet potatoes as well as her lemon pie.

I'm from Charlie and Lucky,
My grandparent's dog.
From my brothers old car,
To my pimped out van.
I'm from my spare bedroom over flowing
With my mothers scrapbooks and photos.
I am from childhood stories that,
My grandmother tells.
I'm from those moments,
Burned into my mind and buried
Six feet under.

By: Wade O.

6 comments:

Jessica C said...

Your poem was very good...i really like the part about the pimped out van....I could tell who wrote this poem before i read the name and that is what makes it so good....Great job Dub O!!!!

Taylor N said...

your strongest line was "I'm from my spare bedroom over flowing
With my mothers scrapbooks and photos." my favorite line was "To my pimped out van." thats pretty funny since most of the stuff in there is your moms or did you finally clean it out????????

Shorty said...

Wade I will have to admit that your poem is very extremly good. I really enjoyed the Burned into my mind and buried six feet under. It just hit me and I really enjoyed reading that part and it makes your poem very strong. The part that I can relate to is the pine cones remind me of my childhood. It does for me to.

Rebekah J. said...

The strongest part in your poem would have to be "I'm from those moments, burned into my mind and buried six feet under." I can really related to the sandbox and I love your pet fish named Bugs Bunny!!

Jordyn D. said...

One line that stands out to me is I'm from those moments burned into my mind and buried six feet under. I could connect to the part where you said the pine cones off of pine trees remind you of your childhood. I liked your poem. Good job!

Nina said...

Hey, nice "I am poem" :)
You have a lot of childhood memories & you seem very family oriented. Again, nice poem