Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where I'm From

I am from the sunny afternoons
the long worn out days spent outside
I'm from the swirls of the wind
as it comes back again
I'm from paper and work
fitting like the bricks in the wall

I am from the nightly city
where people don't want to sleep
I'm from the locked doors
trapping my progress
I'm from videogames and fun
growing from within
like the roots of a tree

I'm from the sweating vigor
needed to rest in summer
I'm from toys and pictures
dangling together in the ocean of ruin
I'm from notebooks and checks
scattered in pandemonium
the anarchy of my house

3 comments:

Rebekah J. said...

I really like the line where it say "I'm from the swirls of wind as it comes back again." You are a really good writer.

Jessica C said...

I really like when you said "i am from the toys and picture dangling together in the ocean of ruin." that is very strong and you found a better way of saying that was a mess and it gave more meaning.

I also wrote about broken toys and pictures pilling up but they are what hold my memories.

Wade O. said...

My favorite line is "I'm from toys and pictures dangling together in the ocean of ruin."