Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What I Call Home

The animal fur all over
The ground where the animals
Have roamed. Cigarette buds
In the ashtrays.
I call home where the pine
Needles fall, and the dust rolls on by.
Where my sandpit sits
With weeds all over.
I call home where vehicles
Drive by nonstop, and pine trees grow.
Where fields cover most of the land.
I call home where houses are
Moved from 1908 to now
By the Hornbacher's.
From taking more than a week
Until now taking about a week.
Where Jan is stitching up many
Different items.
Where Catie comes home every
Other weekend.
I call home where it's CSI,
Law & Order, and UFC fighting.
I call home where sandwiches
And salads bring the full family
Together. I call home where Keiko
And Angel are together acting
Like family. The Wii, computer, and
Other game systems and family
Activities bring all of us together.
Surgery stories are mainly told by
My grandparents and myself
Learning from what they used to do
To what they do now.
Pictures from back in the day
(while my dad was a kid)
And pictures today showing
The great times.

2 comments:

Shelby W said...

I like your Where I'm From poem. Unfortunetly I can't relate to anything in it. The part that stood out to me the most is the CSI and the Law & Order. Only because my mom makes me watch it.

Sade said...

hi, i really enjoyed reading your poem. it was very nice and i can relate to some of the lines. it really shows your personality and the type of family you have.