Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Life in a Poem

I am from the soft silky blanket
that lies on my bed.
I am from that little speck of dust
on the bookshelf.
I'm from the bird that is soaring through the air
like an airplane high in the sky.

I am from the rain coming down from the sky, like a wave in the ocean.
I'm from the frost that lies on the grass, glissining,
like a diamond.

I'm from the sparkles you see,
when the sun is shinning on it.
I'm from the old pictures you see,
On my grandmas wall.

I'm from the many different sounds I hear,
in my dreams.
I am from the lilac bush,
that sits beside my porch.
I am from the box of pictures,
spilling with old faces.

I am from the shimmering sunlight
That beats down on the ground.
I am from the mist coming from the
Ocean waves.

I am from the long limbs on that
hundred year old tree that still stands.
I am from the star that shines bright in the sky.
I am from the leaves that are falling from the tree.
I am from the morning dew that's lying on the grass.


Paige.A.

3 comments:

Autumn R said...

I can relate to the sentence that says "I am from the rain coming down from the sky, like a wave in the ocean." because it's raining outside. The strongest would be "I'm from the sparkles you see, when the sun is shinning on it." because i love how the sunlight beams down on something and then bounces off and glistens.
Parts of your poem can use some work like "I'm from the many different sounds I hear, in my dreams."

Tatiana said...

hey I like really enjoy when u mentioned, I'm from the frost that lies on the grass, glissining,
like a diamond.It has lots of details that it has made me get vision in my mind of it.

ZESHA said...

hey i like the line when you said "I am from the star that shines bright in the sky." and the whole poem was nice but that line was awesome