Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Memories of where I'm from!

I am from the dirt,
The horses, and the cattle.
I am from the Rodeos,
The bronc riding and the bull riding.
Watching and learning so to do.

I am from the animal shelters,
Caring and loving all animals.
(Watching the animals play and fight
like little kids.)
I am from the life,
Living and watching.
Watching everybody play and laugh.

I am from the partying,
The having fun and game playing.
I am from the family get togethers,
The Christmas’s and Holidays.
A box contains many pictures,
Of anything from family fun,
To baby pictures, to games.
This is where I’m from.


Shelby W.

4 comments:

Autumn R said...

I think your strongest sentence would have to be "I am from the Rodeos, The bronc riding and the bull riding." I like how you worded i.
But in some part i think it could be better. "A box contains many pictures." this could be improved.
I really can relate to the part about the parties and playing games.

Jessica C said...

I have to be honest...when i read the first stanza i would have never thought that you , shelby had written it. But once i read futher on i could see your personality come out even more.
the lines that i like the most were , Of anything from family fun to baby pictures,to games. this is where i'm from
Over all your peom was very good

Tatiana said...

hey I really liked the last part of your poem , about family get together and the box containing pictures

Unknown said...

hello!
well i thought your poem overall was really good, i really liked how you described the horses and such. i'm a big animal lover myself. i really like the part about your family, because they really are the center around your life.