Thursday, April 16, 2009

New York: Stereotypes

People assume many different things about people from New York, such as we have no morals, were fast paced or stuck up. Of course in every state your going to find someone like that. Just because we live in a state with such a well known City, doesn't mean were all "gangsters" or "steal things", any where you go and there is a big City there is going to be higher crime rates or gangs. New York isn't all sky scrapers or streets filled with cars, we have some of the most beautiful scenery. Once you head upstate, there are gorgeous lakes and mountains and just space to be roam. I agree a lot of us are fast paced, but were use to that. We like to get things done and not wait around until we feel like getting them accomplished. We are a state of work and class. I am probably the most impatient person, but i don't mind that because it motivates me. I have plenty of morals and i am not stuck up. Even in Beacon, its not the nicest town to live in but we have lots of positive things to look forward to, we have a great high school with lots of school spirit, great art gallery's and antique shops as well as coffee shops and were only an hour away from a great city. Of course every state is going to have stereotypes and beliefs but I'm willing to not judge a place before i visit.

-Monica

FIERCE!

5 comments:

bri said...

this was FIREEEEEE!

Rebekah J. said...

I like how you admitted to how you are an impatient person and how it motivates you and you are right when you say that anywhere you go there will be some kind of crime. There are some things that get called into the cops that don't even make sense, like a suspicious piece of garbage laying on the street.haha.

Ben W. said...

Well first off I agree with everything you said. Because I used to live in the towns just outside of bigger towns because my dad was in the military. So I know that everyone there is not stuck up or gangster. But most of the people in my class don't know much outside of York or Lincoln Nebraska. So they don't know what a big city is like in New York or in my case Washington. Where I used to live. People her don't know many people from big cities so they dislike them. Or make things up in there minds based on T.V. shows or things they hear about cities.

Billy H. said...

I myself have no problem with people from big cites. The people for the most part are the same. I have relatives from L.A. the only thing I do not like about the big cities is the size. I have lived in McCool my whole life and just cant stand having my house with in half of a mile of another house!

Unknown said...

thanks guys =]