Monday, April 20, 2009

Stereotypists?

I can honestly say that not many of the stereotypes that can be made about life here in Beacon apply to me. I'm not certain which ones have been made but judging on what has bee said, I can almost guarentee you that they are not of my personality or life style.

I can't go a day without having some connection to the outdoors and I have been that way since birth. I love going on hikes and the number of which I have been on is not countable. I love camping and caving and I have been doing both since before my birth. I have been to almost every state in the U.S and I can honestly say that in each state I have visited I have gone on at least one hike or caping trip. I will honestly state that I enjoy the feeling of the warm groud beneath my bare feet in the summer and that I prefer to rock climb barefoot rather than with climbing shoes on. I love the outdoors and don't know what I'd do without it. I shoot shotguns and rifles, I own multiple bows and many arrows to go along with them, I love target shooting but I don't hunt.

I also love to go out with my friends and hand out at the mall, I love going to the movies with my boyfriend and letting him take me to dinner. I like shopping and buying new things with my aunts; who love to take me out since my mom passed over winter break. I go out bowling with my friends and eat bowling alley french fries.

I'm sure that the stereotypical response to people in the midwest being rednecks may apply to some people simply because I have been in and around the midwest for the entirety of my life. But I'm also certain that the stereotypes that have been formed about Beacon apply to some of the people who live here.

No comments: