Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Redneck Stereotype Myth Busted

Some stereotypes about us are true. Most actually are true, but that don't make us bad or dumb. People in the mid-west are kind of like mullets, business in the front party in the back. But thats what shapes who we are. The stereotype that we are a rednecks is true! But we can still become something in life. There is a huge definition of redneck and everyone falls into it somewhere. I'm also proud to be a redneck. I like to hunt, fish, trap, go muddin and all of these fall under redneck in some way or another. Some might argue about fishing falling under redneck, but it's how you fish that determines it. If you fish with a rod and reel then its not so redneck. But if you stick you hand into a hole in the river bank with a 10 lb. catfish in the hole and you let it bite your hand to you can pull it out, wel then thats redneck.
So in conclution, there is my explnation of one of our stereotypes. Being a redneck isn't a bad title, it's bragging rights. It a way of life, and I couldn't imagine a better one that suits my needs.

1 comment:

Rebekah J. said...

I like how you said that we are like mullets!