Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who Am I?

I am from my mother's heart
That beat for her family
That held on as long as it could,
Letting go when she knew we were ready.
I am from my father's inquisitiveness
His need to know more and to ask questions

I am everything and nothing, all in one
I walk and I dream
I live to make a difference
And to show the world what is right

I am from the artist that compel me to try
I am the Mona Lisa and the work of Jackson Polic
I am beautiful and I and scattered
I am from my father's old guitar
And from the music it produces
I am from the smell of fresh pies through the windows
And the healing powers of the words
Uttered sweetly from caring friends.

But mainly,
I am from the lessons learned
And the obstacles overcome.
The mountains climbed
And the rivers rafted.
I am everything and nothing all in one.


~Kaelyn Wood

5 comments:

Jordyn D. said...

To tell you the truth everything in your poem is so strong. I couldn't pick out one line. I love your writing because you feel like your actually are experiencing it. One line that I could relate to is I am from the lessons learned and the obstacles overcome. The mountains climbed and the rivers rafted. I am everything and nothing all in one. Good job on your writing!

Shelby W said...

Wow. I love reading you're posts they are awesome. In this post I love the first stanza. I can kind of relate to that but not with my mom. With my great grandma. She past away about a month ago at 97 years old.

Jessica C said...

Wow..... your poem was really good infact all of you writing was really good. I could really feel the emotion as i read this piece. I really like the first stanza,how you could explain so much emotion with very little words.

Josh P. said...

One line that stood out was I am everything and nothing all in one. You repeated it to make a point. Your poem was truly amazing.

Rebekah J. said...

I really like the phrases in your poem that says: "I am from the artists that compel me to try, I am from the Mona Lisa and the work of Jackson Polic, I am beautiful and I am scattered." I feel that those three lines really flow together and I can understand what its like to be at your house and it describes you alot.