Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What I'm made of

I’m made of Marlboro lights,
Of gravel roads, and corn cribs,
I’m a chip off the old block.

I’m made of
Hard wood floors, (stained red like a cherry)
Dawn dish soap,
To cure my mothers OCD.

I’m made of,
You picking up what
I’m putting down,
With Jackson and Mason
Running round
Town.

I’m made of
IV Uncle Osborne,
And the book of world records.


I’m made of
Gluten free cookies,
Steak and potatoes.
I’m made of
Bonfires and
Overgrown ditches.

Last but not
Least,
I’m made of
Pam, Kevin, and
Straw packed barns.
Big hearts and little
Farms.

Billy H.

6 comments:

Jessica C said...

I really like you poem even though you rimed a little it still was good and i could see what you were trying to get at without really stating it.

Shelby W said...

Oh Billy. What can I say. I laughed and cried and who knows what else. Just joking. Your poem was really good. I loved reading it. However there is only one thing I can relate to. That is the Marlboro lights.

Shorty said...

The strongest part on your poem would have to be the big hearts and little farms. That part really stuck out to me. The part that I can relate to would be second to last section. The whole thing is so true except for the cookies part..

Jordyn D. said...

I really like your poem. It is very strong. One line I like is big hearts and little farms. It was strong. One line I could relate to is I'm from bonfires and overgrown ditches.

bri said...

my favorite line from your poem was "i am a chip off the old block" i can relate because i am just like my dad in so many ways. i liked your poem because it appears as if you said little when you really said so much more. =]

ZESHA said...

your poem was awesome and the way you said "I'm made of, You picking up what I'm putting down" i thought that was really cool