Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Generation

I’m from wrestling in the mornings
With my two older brothers.
I’m from my yard full of cans and bottles and
Anything Missy my dog can fit in her mouth.
I’m from wake up at five in the morning to
Work with my dad.

I’m from miles and miles of corn and bean
Ready to be picked by the rich farmers.
I’m from wrestling with friends at the grease pig
contest and taking a dip in the river after words.
I’m from Paul and LuAnn and two brothers
and one sisters.

I’m from hit the hay when my dad thinks
its time go to sleep.
I’m from turkey and mashed potatoes on
Every holiday.
I’m from dog hair all over dog
all over the house. (just like I laid down carpet)

I’m from playing pitch during the winter
Because its to cold to do anything outside
I’m from having all the baby pictures in
The corner of my parents closet.
I’m from a small school were everyone
Has high expectations for all the kids.

Jeremy Coffey

5 comments:

Shorty said...

The strongest part in your poem Jeremy would be "I'm from miles and miles of corn and bean ready to be picked by the rich farmers." The part that I can relate to would be the turkey and mash potatoes on every holiday, and the dog fur all over.

Billy H. said...

To me the line that sticks out the most is "I'm from hit the hay when my dad thinks its time to go to sleep." to me that is the strongest because it really paints a picture in my head. "I wouldn't say no to your dad either." the line that i can connect to is "I'm from the yard full of cans and bottles and anything Missy can fit in her mouth." I can relate to this because (Izzy) has stole everything from the neighbors so my yard looks like crap.

Taylor N said...

the strongest part of your poem and my favorite is"I’m from miles and miles of corn and bean
Ready to be picked by the rich farmers." i also relate to this line because I'm one of these "rich" farmers picking the corn and beans. good poem.

Rebekah J. said...

The strongest part in your poem would be "I am from having baby pictures in the corner of my parents closet." The part that I can relate to the most would have to be the turkey and mashed potatoes on every holiday and small school expectations.

Jordyn D. said...

One line that sticked out to me is I'm from dog hair all over the house just like I laid down carpet. One line I could relate to is I'm from miles and miles of corn and beans ready to be picked by the rich farmers. Good job on your poem!