Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where I am From


I’m from the green grass outside
From the rooms in my house
I’m from the dirt on the ground
I’m from the conversation that people have
I’m from people who play pitch at the get together

I’m from the people who think there stuff don’t stink
From the families that you don’t know you are related to you
Until they come to the family reunions
I’m from the Chris and Karen on my mom’s side
From the finger my uncle lost to the war
The eye my father got shingles and didn’t do anything for a week
The clothes under my bed

Spilling pop on the counter and my mom getting mad
Shift of lost animals and that go to the pound
Cold Chill across my face from the wind
I’m from these moments from past experiences
All the leafs that fell from the family tree
The augers that the family’s get into
The Dress box against my wall for clothes and things


By Joey.T

3 comments:

PrestonH said...

That poem was awesome i think its deserves an A+ You had alot of detail about you and alot of deatail about others as well.

Kevin W. said...

I like the like "From the rooms in my house" because it brings out a feeling of belonging. Also I like how you described all the details.

Sade said...

hi, i really like your piece. its very nice my favorite line is "i'm from the people who think there stuff don't stink " lol everytime i read that it makes me laugh and think about how some people in my family act.