Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What I Look Like on Paper

I am from the guns and bows
Of a hunting tradition.
I am from the muddy water of Sack’s Lake,
Brown as if it were chocolate milk.
I am from the busy summers
And the slow winters of the lake.

I am from the red-skin and shattered ankles
From Rex and Cindy.
Who are from the,
Pettygrove and Trouten branch.
I am from the back roads,
To the city streets.

I am from the pictures
Stacked in the hope chest.
To the baby, and other albums.
I am from Nebraska,
I am from McCool Jct.

2 comments:

Taylor N said...

my favorite two lines on your poem are
"I am from the muddy water of Sack’s Lake,
Brown as if it were chocolate milk." A part that i connect to would be "i am from the red skin" i connect to this because i burn a lot to. i thought tis was a good poem

Ben W. said...

"I am from the muddy water of Sack's Lake, Brown as if it were chocolate milk." I like that phrase because i can connect to it because it is one big mud hole. But still a fun lake to have fun in. I can really connect to "I am from the guns and bows of a hunting tradition." because i have the same line in mine and most of my hobbies are based on guns and bows.