Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My House Summed Up

I am from Mountain Dew cans
from cell phones and ipods.
I am from the paper plates
(the food still sitting on it
smelling like a dead rotting animal)
I am from the pine trees dropping
the pine cones.

I am from turkey and pumkin pie.
from John and Seth
I'm from the video game addicts
and the just plain dumb people.
I'm from get off the xbox john
jumping on the trampoline
and teenagers riding around on lawn mowers.

I am from Scott and Cathy
I'm from mashed potatoes and chocolate pretzels.
I am from the time John hit his head on a brick
at the church,
and the time John hit his head on the tractor weights
while riding a bike.
I'm from the the cupboards
where there are old pictures which tell the story of my life
a gathering of old times
and stories that I can't remember

3 comments:

Jordyn D. said...

One line that stood out to me is I'm from the cupboards where there are old pictures which tell the story of my life, a gathering of old times, and stories that I can't remember. One thing that I can relate to in your poem is I'm from turkey and pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie! Good poem tator!

Wade O. said...

I get your poem my brother also plays xbox all day. My family also makes pumpkin pie during the holidays.

Josh P. said...

I an from turkey and and pumpkin pie. I st st studer.