Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Expression box


Hey Im Michael, from Beacon. Well i have some running numbers from past races ive been to from marathon project on the top of my box(cant be viewed in pic). I run track and marathon project is a program here in Beacon where they prepare you to run the Philadelphia marathon. I would have my medal, since i just ran it in november and completed it, but its to special to me.On the side of the lid i have club logos of arsenal and Barcelona two major soccer leagues in europe that I really like. The guy waving is one of my soccer heroes, Ronaldinho. He inspires me to become a better player overall because of the joy he has while playing the game. The shoe right above him is the type of shoe that i have for soccer.(not same color). I wear them for outdoor soccer season for my school team and my travel team. I also have a ticket from a Red Bulls game which is really special because I've never been to a real soccer match before and that was my first time ever going to the Giants stadium to see one. The pic that the ticket is on, which you cant really see because of a glare, those guys are some of the players from the Arsenal futbol club. On the bottom inside of my box you could see an apple sign, i enjoy hearing music from my mac and ipod, and also really like the apple products, so i decided to put up the general apple logo. And finally on the bottom right you could see a picture showing a part of the pic in focus inside of the circle, and everything out of focus on the outside of the circle. This pic was an advertisement for a contact lens company. Yea, i recently started wearing contacts. Yea so i love playing soccer obviously, and i hope i get to know you guys better by seeing what you wrote. =)

6 comments:

Wade O. said...

Dear Michael,

Which items seem to stand out more than others? The apple logo because our school uses apple computers. The pic of Ronaldinho because he is waving and he catches my attention. What are some of your initial impressions about his work? My impression is that you like soccer, running and apple products. Why do you say this? I say that because you have guys playing soccer and an apple logo on your box. Identify any items in the box that are similar to the ones on yours? The things that are similar is sports pics i have football you have soccer. Explain if you feel they share the same level of significance in both boxes? I think sports play an important roll in our lives. Explain the items that were included which reflect common intrests? We both enjoy playing sports. Point out an item you are unfamiliar with or would like to know more about. I would like to know more about Ronaldinho. Because I dont know much about socccer. What do you think is the most interesting on their box? The apple logo is the most interesting because our school uses apple computers. Take a closer look at the box what has better helped understand it? I see you like sports. what connection is there between the two boxes? There is a sports connection. If you could ask a question to the student what would it be? What is it like to run a marathon?

Michael P. said...

Hey, Wade. Ronaldinho is one of the most famous soccer players in the world. He is Brazilian and plays for AC Milan. He mostly does freestyle soccer which is basically jugging with your feet and doing tricks. I would show you some videos to better explain what I mean by freestyle soccer, but i dont know how that's possible. As for running a marathon, it was long. But its more mental than physical while running, unless ur extremely out of shape. But it hurts like hell after.U mainly look at the beautiful scenery of philly. And it starts and ends where Rocky Balboa runs up the steps. I couldn't run up the steps after running 26.2 miles though. I gotts tell u, this pic of me is wack, but anything else you need or want to ask, ill respond ASAp
sorry for the lateness

Michael P. said...

my profile pic is way better

Michael P. said...

my profile pic is way better

Anonymous said...

Tyler said:
Michael has a running memorabilia, as I had running shorts and the watch I wore when I ran the marathon. Michael p. has race numbers and stuff from running, Mike and I ran a lot together last year and it was really important to me and him to keep on going and never give up. He also has pictures of soccer, and I played soccer for 8 years of my life.

The contact lens picture was kind of odd. I would like to know more about that because he is wearing glasses in the picture. So if he just got contacts, why isn’t he wearing them?

I'd say the running memorabilia is the most unique because not many people can say they run extreme distances, like 15-20 miles at one time. I think it is awesome that he has the mental strength and stamina to run that amount of distances.

Michael P. said...

Haha tyler. Well i just didn't wear my contacts because i had swimming that day and am still sorta getting used to putting them on and taking them off. Running is fun. Ill run anyday with you tyler. Marathon project is weirder with your talents in it. =)