Monday, February 23, 2009

Passage Through a Typical Day as me, Kaelyn.

  • The smell of my mother's perfume still on her old sweater that I borrow.
  • The fog on the ground as I walk out the door.
  • The cold ice as I clumsily slip on my front walkway.
  • The icicles that seem to be growing out of my car window.
  • The swaying of the trees as my bus passes by them.
  • The cold hard crunch of the grass as I walk to the park, hand in hand with my boyfriend Chris and best friend Melissa.
  • The banging of a gavel at my Venture Crew meetings as we try to settle the kids.
  • The swish of my pencil in my notebook as I finish up my math homework.
  • The clicking of heels while we dance at practice.
  • The soft hum of my father's voice as I fall asleep on the couch.

- Kaelyn Wood

2 comments:

Joey.T said...

good job!! i really like how you said the fog on the ground as i walk out the door.

Kaelyn said...

That was actually my favorite part too. I love how when I walk out the door in the morning, the ground is covered in a thin layer of fog just enough to cover the bottoms of my sneakers, I'm going to miss that when the spring weather comes in.