Thursday, March 5, 2009

As We Begin This Endeavor

As we begin this endeavor,
In the inner thoughts of a complacent soul
It runs wild through my veins,
gripping tight to my emotions
It hides with all the lies that cover up the truth
The laughs that quickly demolish tears
How decisions led by our emotions create chaos
How when someones under pressure it
reveals who they really are
The different emotions going around everywhere
How people act differently around certain people
The awkwardness of seeing an old friend
There is a fine line between a good friend
and a good friend you truely trust
People are so self centered
How many people don't believe that the quiet
girl comes out to have a big heart
The way people treat each other
Time goes by really fast
Everything that you plan never falls in
place with your ideas
There are always two sides to a story
The most beautiful things in life go unnoticed
The things in life that we cherish the most
The place music can take you
The way music consumes me
The way my heart flutters when I hear my favorite song
Many take their lives for granted
The shadows on my wall
They've been a part of my my whole life


Rebekah J.

4 comments:

johanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tatiana said...

hey Rebekah your piece says alot about who we are as different group are the same. You have mention so many things that have we face here in New York. I love the fact how you have a lot of phrases about music. Many think that in Nebraska that you don't do much but the true by reading this, it had made a point, a good point.The borrowed words and phrases that you have chosen made an amazing poem. To be honest with you yours is one of my favorites.

johanna said...

I like your poem alot it shows how not only how people in Nebraska and New York are similar but how everyone is similar.Rebekah and I really like your poem because its very deep you added things from the blog but you also added your own thoughts to it which made it more emotional and very intresting to read

Kaelyn said...

I love how this piece shows a deeper side to the way we think as people. You have not only used found pieces but also pieces from you. This assignment shows how kids from Beacon and kids from Nebraska can both take the time and show a deeper meaning to things' whether we're talking about our mP3 players or the speed at which time passes. When you say that the quiet girl turns out to have a big heart it depicts the ever-so-often stated stereotype of quiet girls being creepy. And when you put all of these things together, they seem to form an interesting and thoughtful piece of literature.