Monday, March 23, 2009

Horific Memory

It was a cold winter's day. I was bundled up in a heavy coat with my favorite pink hat on. We were at Cory's house messing around with horses. Scezer, a big sorrel horse, was tied up to the hitching post. He was a really nice horse and I always wanted to ride him.
Scezer was untacked and I wanted to sit on him. So, Cory lifted me up on him. I just sat there on top of him listening to my mom and Cory talking back and forth. I saw Cory's husband walk to the tractor that was parked about 100 feet away. He heaved himself into the seat and tried starting the tractor. All it did was idle so he tried it again. This time it started, but only it let out a big, "Bang!"
Scezer went crazy. He reared up and started to buck because he didn't know what it was. I flew off of him and hit the icy ground. While I was laying on the ground Scezers hoof stomped inches from my face. I started to scream and my mom scooped me up into her arms and carried me up the hill to Cory's house.
In the house I lied there staring at the ceiling. I couldn't move my arm. I had to tell my mom when I wanted to sit up so she could help me. Cory had a room full of 50 cats and she let them all out. They surrounded me crawling, sniffing, and leaping. I loved it, it made me not concentrate on the pain of my arm. Slowly and slowly my memory from then on faints.
-Jordyn D.

1 comment:

Joey.T said...

I have broken my arm on ice but not from falling off a horse because mine was from running or I think playing tag or something when it was icy and so I was getting chased and I slip and fell on my left arm and broke it.