Saturday, March 21, 2009

Early Memory

Around 6 years ago I had moved to Beacon. Leaving my previous home in Queens allowed me to manifest memories I wouldn't have recalled otherwise. All the toys in the basement and belongings I haven't touched in years remind me of my past; they even embarrassed me when I looked at how childish they were. Before I the time had come for me to leave I sat in solitude in the places where the most important events took place. A strong nostalgia made me want to stay and live with my memories. I didn't want to be dragged out of my home so I probed deeper into my surroundings. My reminiscence led me to remember when I first moved into Queens, when I was 4. When I entered the new home I ran upstairs into the first room. The tangibilty of truth engulfed me and I fell asleep. Even now the very features I encountered in that room remain vivid. Finally the time of exodus had come - all these memories will wither in time.

1 comment:

Jessica C said...

wow I have to say that there are some big words in there haha....But your story was really good and I can kind of relate to it because i had to move from my house and I didn't want to leave my house that i had lived in for so long but I only moved to the town next to us but still there was alot of memories