Sunday, March 22, 2009

My First Memory

The earliest memory that I have is the day that I met my best friend. It was the middle of July and I was 4 years old. I was outside playing games and being a toddler. There is a small slope on the side of my house that leads to my backyard and I was trying to push my motorized Jeep up it to put it away. The problem was that the thing was too big and heavy for me to do it alone. I remember that a kid and his parents were walking with a real estate agent to the house next door because it was for sale. The kid must've seen me struggling because he came over and helped me push the Jeep. Luckily the family moved into the house and I forever became best friends with this kid. We hung out everyday and became practically family. Many people mistook us for either brothers or cousins. Even though he moved a couple years ago, we will always be best friends.

3 comments:

Rebekah J. said...

Your story reminds me of my best friend Tabitha. We used to live right by each other and play together. Actually my first memory is with Tabitha and how we wondered off by oursevles and my parents and her grandparents couldn't find us.

Dalton said...

Thats really nice. Its good to have a best friend living next door. You always have someone there for you no matter what.

Jessica C said...

This story hits close to home with me because i have lost some good friends the past years and i will always be there friends! So do you still kepp in touch with him even thought he moved and is it still close that you can see him or what.....My friends that moved live some what close that i can still see them sometimes and i am greatful for that so i was wondering if it was the same for you.