Thursday, March 5, 2009

New York and McCool, very similar!

Sixteen,
Teenagers arguing about everything they can find.
Rumors going around everywhere,
The most beautiful things in life go unnoticed
How many don’t believe that the quiet girl comes out to have a big heart,
The place music can take you,
The pain that once seemed endless has faded,
The silly things my parents do to make me smile.
The interest of people and how they differ,
The way my heart races when I see my crush,
The awkwardness of seeing an old friend.
The ways different people breathe when you hug them.
The way people treat each other.
The lame laugh that I can’t control, nor do I want to.
How easy it is to want to go fast.
Laughs demolishing tears.
The changes of emotions in each class of the day.
Our place.
The different colors of the sky during the day,
How many trees are around my house,
The morning air at sunrise,
The big bright luminous sunshine over me,
The way the moon shines at night,
The sound of waves crashing into rocks,
Deer grazing in the early morning light,
Summer is important to me because it’s like a new start.
These are the things we cherish most in life.
Glow of the summer campfire.
-Jordyn D.
The smell of spring after snow melts.
Fishing.

3 comments:

Nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nina said...

Hi Jordyn, I liked your piece of writing. I think this piece shows that after all, we are not so different as we would have thought. Just because we live in two different places and have different interest doesn't mean we are all that different. We are all human, we experience the same feelings, we notice the same things. I think your piece overcomes any stereotypes students from McCool or Beacon may have had. You describe emotions and actions that we all experience here too at Beacon. Your piece truly has a nice flow to it. It begins analyzing people then it slowly drifts to emotions and then to what we see, smell and hear. It begins at our innermost, then slowly moving outward to the physical. The piece you've written is very nice. :)