Monday, March 23, 2009

Fun on the Ice

One of my first memories was with me dad. This memory isn't very big or important. But is one that has always stuck in my head.
I wanted to stay the night at my grandparents. This is when I lived in York. It took all I had to talk my dad into taking me to their house, probably because he thought he would have to come pick me up when I change my mind about staying.
So I packed my clothes and we got in the car and took off. It was only about a six block drive.
At the time it was winter and we had a Ford Tarus. We got two blocks away and we turned the corner onto their street, we hit a patch of ice and did a complete 360. And from that point on I don't remember anything else, it's all fuzzy.

By, Josh Pettygrove

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, This past winter I had an experience just like yours. I was driving during a snowstorm when all of a sudden the road turned to ice. A car in front of me lost control, and I had to do everything I could to avoid him. Unfortnately I actually totalled my car as I smacked into a guardail- twice. Thankfully no one got hurt, though. I hope you were ok!