Monday, March 23, 2009

Sleepy much

When I was younger I slept in everyday. It was wonderful!! Back then I lived in a different house. It was in the east of town right by the grain elevator. This must mean that I am a very sound sleeper to be able to sleep through all the semis hauling grain. One morning I woke and outside the sun was shining like it usually would in the afternoon. I was really hungry so I walked out of my room and down our stairs and through our living room. And into our kitchen. My brother john was sitting in his high chair eating something that looked like cheerios. My mom was watching him so I said “what is for breakfast?”
Mom said “Don’t you mean what is for lunch?”
That was when I looked up at the clock on the wall and realized it was twelve o’clock in the afternoon. I had slept in till the afternoon. As hard as I try I still can’t beat my twelve o’clock sleep-in record. I remember this because it set a goal for me to try and sleep in past twelve o’clock. A task that is proving hard to do.
TAYLOR

1 comment:

Kevin W. said...

I remember being sleepy everyday when I was young, though I didn't sleep until 12. However now I sleep pass 12 and it still doesn't seem to be sufficient.