Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Early Memory

My first memory is of me learning how to ride a bike. I was about 8 years old. I remember I was very nervous of getting on the bike because I was use to riding with the training wheels and not without them. What made learning how to ride a bike harder was that I was learning on a concrete floor. So, if I fell, I would get hurt really badly. My dad was the person who taught me how to ride a bike. Everyday after work he would come home and ask me if i was ready to learn how to ride a bike. Everyday I would say no because I was nervous, but then one day I got the guts to say YES!!!! And thats when I learned how to ride a bike.

Of course I fell a couple of times, but who doesn't ?? I would get up and keep trying until i learned how to ride a bike by myself. It took me like a week to learn. Everyday after my dad got home from work he would have the patience to teach me how to ride a bike. Once I knew how to ride a bike there was no stopping me !!! i would go and ride around my block and every other place i could find. I was so happy of myself because I never gave up.

by Jocelyn

2 comments:

Billy H. said...

It may sound like a lye, but it isn't, I learned how to ride a bike without training wheels at the age of 2, almost 3. Nobody believes me but it did happen. I lived in the country, and while my sister was at school I would practice really hard so that when she came home, I could ride my bikes with her. I had to learn on gravel though.

Wade O. said...

Hi, Jocelyn I remember the first time I rode my bike.I Also had to learn on the concrete in our drive way.And I helped my bro with his paper rout on my bike. And my bike was the only way I could go to my friends house.So learning to ride my bike was a big part of my childhood.