Monday, March 23, 2009

First Memory.

My first memory would have to be when i was 7 years old and i was away at my cabin upstate. It was winter time and the lake in the back was frozen over, so as usual i was out in the back iceskating. The ice seemed pretty thick all around, on some parts people could even drive their cars on it. So my dad shoveled out a patch on the ice so i can have my square to skate on. The snow wasnt really that thick, so as i was skating on the shoveled patch, i skated a little further than it over by where the dock usually was. As I was skating, i noticed the ice seeming to get thinner and thinner as i went on, but i didnt think anything of it. So when i got to one of the poles where the dock usually is i heard a couple cracking sounds, which had happened before so i didnt pay mind to it. As i was standing there, the cracking got a little louder and the next thing i knew, my leg was completely in the freezing cold water, stuck. Lucky for me, the dock is directly outside the back doors of the cabin, and my dad was right in the living room and had saw what happened. He came outside and helped me up, & from then on i didnt really wanna ice skate around there anymore.

4 comments:

Rebekah J. said...

One similarity that I have with you is that during the winter, when the ice is thick enough, I always try to ice skate at least once that winter, if not more.

Paige.A. said...

Kati, so it sounds like you had that memory for a while now.So my question to you is when you fell through that is what was the first thing that popped into your mind when your leg went trough the ice?

Shorty said...

Wow Kati.. I can picture it very well. I wouldn't be able to say that I had the same thing happen to me because I have never been ice skating.

Jessica C said...

well my story with ice skateing is ..i was at my friend jordyns house which is surrounded by a lake and when we were out there during this winter i wanted to go ice skateing. The ice was not all the way frozen and i could still see the water that was flowing buy the dock but i still wanted to go so i steeped over the water where there was no ice and i went toward the middle of the lake. The ice was holding up so i kept going and then i turned around to yell at my friends to come join me. But they still didn't believe me that the ice was thick enough so i started jumping up and down but that was the wrong thing to do because the ice started to crack and i didn't know what to do so i tried to run to the side but on ice that isnt very easy but i made it to side where i had to jump over the water and my friends were screaming but i luckly made it to the side while my friends were screaming the hole time. But even if the ice would have broke it would have only went to my knees but still it was like a adrenallin rush.