Sunday, March 8, 2009

Found Poem(Mostly Plagiarism)

The slamming of doors
The silence falls over the class
How frustrated I get when I cant understand my math homework
Snow falling then just melting away in just a few seconds
Driving down a gravel road, my head lights catch the orange reflection of two raccoons eyes
Cows laying in the field
My brother falls hard
One green plant in a yard of many dead brown ones
Distinct deer trail in the grass
A potato sitting outside
A bird chirping his song that no one knows
Crocodiles killing to live
An orange rope on a white tree
The shadows on my wall in the shape of my window
The radio is always on a commercial when i wake up
The dirty cars

2 comments:

PrestonH said...

It says event though we are from different groups we still have many of the same things in common and of similar intrest's there Arent many stereotypes left from after reading that this peice. You took many different words from many different places i even see some of mine. Your poem didn't really i really liked it it made alot of sense to me but i dont think anyone else.

Kevin W. said...

The only different part to this piece is the crocodiles line. There aren't really any crocodiles running around Beacon. The first 2 lines also are similar to the way the school here operates. It seems that there are no stereotypes to be found. Some of these borrowed words make a fluid piece, the random lines allow the idea to change yet it revolves around a main theme. Also I would like to say that this piece has a pretty honest title.