Monday, March 23, 2009

The memory of all memories

I didn't really start remembering until my worst memory happened. I was six years old and it was the night before my brothers 5th birthday.
The day started off like any other day My mom was the only parent home because my dad was stationed in Honduras to help clean up after a hurricane. Today was the day that he was supposed to come home and my brothers and I were very excited to see him. But the day moved on slowly and he still hadn't come home. It soon came time for bed and our mom told us that we had to go to bed for my older brother and I had school the next day. I was scared because my dad wasn't home yet and i didn't know where he was. I could tell that my mom was worried to but she wasn't going to show us that.
I wanted to stay awake until my dad got home but my eyes would not stay opened so I eventually drifted off to sleep and with in that time my memory is foggy but when I woke up to the front door opening I knew that my dad was home and that I didn't have to worry about it anymore. I wanted to get out of bed and go see him but then the yelling started in and i knew that I should stay in my room and keep my mouth shut. From every thing that I that I had heard and could clearly focus in my head I heard that he was leaving and that he wouldn't come back this time. I didn't know weather to scream or to cry but the one thing I door remember is jumping out of my bed and running out the door after him. He was already in the truck and was backing out of the drive way. I was planning to run down the street after him but it was dark out and I couldn't see very well even with the street lights on. So I grabbed rocks from the ground and hurrled them at the truck that was getting farther and farther away. I was hopeing that this would cause him to turn around and see me standing there but the rocks fell short and he drove on.
This memory is the one of my worst and it is always one that comes back in to my mind like clock work. I didn't really start remembering things until after this memory because I didn't want to forget anything after that anymore because something else might happen and everything will change.

6 comments:

Jordyn D. said...

Im so sorry jessy. I feel for you.

Jessica C said...

Thanks Jordyn!!

Paige.A. said...

Jessy, I bet that was a really hard time for you when that happened.I am am sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica- Like Jordyn and Paige said, that must have been so hard for you to go through. I know sorry doesn't cover it, but...Thank you for sharing such a strong, powerful memory- you did a wondeful job! Keep it up!

Angela said...

Hi Jessica,im so sorry you had to go through that at such a young age, i feel bad,this was a very deep memory,i never had to go through this but i still feel your pain.

Jessica C said...

ya it was a hard time to go throught and i was debating on even writing about this memory because i didnt really want to bring it up again but i figure that this is one place that i can really let my emotions show that i usally keep inside....


And by the way Angela Mr. Balch was so fun and he really helped us to understand more about your school and i hope he can do the same for you and your class mates with the information that we gave him....