Thursday, March 5, 2009

My poem in Colors

Our Place:
Beacon, McCool and Beyond
Not being able the bottom of
My rooms floor
The large mirror in my room
The cold dark corners in my room
The cold breeze when its winter
The different colors of the sky
The morning air at sunrise
The sun rises much earlier
The whispering of gossipers
How rumors go around everyday
Teachers desk
Piled with papers
Too much homework everyday
The stop sign that wobbles in the wind
The whine of my dog
My cat lying in the sun
Our FFA shirts are a
Very light blue
One leaf lying on the ground
A minuscule piece of
Paper on the floor
Crocodiles killing to live
Two cars in the driveway
Instead of one
The tiredness I felt at the end of the day
How boring Spanish class is
Kids in drama creating their own drama
Teenagers arguing about everything they can find

Shelby W.

3 comments:

Michael P. said...

1. This piece says that each of our groups are ordinary and observe the obvious. For example, the objects occurring in school and out of school.
2. This piece shows how similar our two groups are as students, observers, and young philosophers, trying to piece together small parts and lines of everyday kind of people.
3. Well as far as I can see, this person describes normal life, almost what I go through everyday, so I would think that this person has more similarities with me living in New York and I dont think Nebraska as much of a country place anymore.Although they might have some country qualities.
4. This person used parts of a line not a complete one making it seem like a created sentence. So it was fun how this person just made a sentence make sense.
5. I really like this piece, and even more, the colors. =)

Shelby W said...

Thanks for the comment Mike. I like the colors too ha ha. I wanted to do something different with it. I'm glad you like it.

Angela said...

Your poem shows that almost all teens are the same.it tells about their everyday life.and i like how you used different colors it shows that your a very creative person